<body scroll="auto">
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
+ + Chapter 3 - Telling the Parents



Picking up the phone to call mum and tell her I was pregnant wasn't easy (for those of you who don't know, my dad is my step-dad and he's a deaf person - meaning to say can't hear and can't talk - so I usually talk to my mum bout important stuff. and she makes the decisions)

♥ I loved and love her very much and to tell her that I had made the same mistake that she did, was heartbreaking. for me and for her. We had arguments before, where words like, "I will never be like you" or "I never want to be like you" come crashing out my mouth like waves without mercy, like arrows aimed straight for the heart. and here I was, making the very same mistake that she had made, 20 years ago. around almost the same time.

I remembered that day very clearly, Khalid and I were on our way to work. we had just gotten off the bus and it had just started to rain (yes, the scene quite dramatic I tell you..) and we had just had a really huge fight/argument/misunderstanding/whatever-you-wana-call-it..and that was the first time he had been so angry with me that he left me in the rain :'( and walked away. He had never walked away before and that was the first time. AND THE LAST (you do that next time I kill you -_-") but yeah the last time.

The topic of the argument, "our situation" we didn't know what to do. how to get through with it. and therefore, thus, thats why..our huge argument. anyways after a while standing in the rain, I thought I'd take the next bus home but being in that state of mine, I kinda got lost. though I knew the place quite well already.

I then walked to work (I was crying quietly with tears in my eyes) I approached one of my managers (assistant manager of Alley Bar) and asked him if I could borrow his phone. mine had just run out of top up and although I had already bought top up, I suddenly forgot how to top up my phone -_-" and he realise something was wrong and quickly asked me what was going on. and that was then when I told him I was pregnant.

It got to a place where all my manager's knew about it, and one by one came talking to me. especially my own manager. Mr.Mark Soh, I felt so disappointed with myself for disappointing him. he had place such high hopes on me :( cos he kept sighing over and over again. argh. I can still remember so well :'( sighs. but am okay now :)

I called my mum not long after that, and when she picked up the phone..I was sobbing profusely!! (I was already 4 1/2 months pregnant) she was so worried. She kept asking me what was wrong, and when I finally got my voice out. all I could say was "S O R R Y" over and over again. and nothing else. and then it hit her. that I was pregnant. and she went, "no no no no..sarah, no." then she started crying as well. I can't begin to tell you how my heart was breaking, and how overwhelmed I was with grief.

...at first Khalid had promised to tell his parents after I told mine, but he chickened out (they only found out when baby bubs was about 6 months old - too fucking late lor, ass!)

Anyway, mum immediately made plans to come over and help me clear up to go back to Kuching. as I could not give birth in Singapore cos it's damn expensive - deposit for foriegner is SGD10K I think -_-" and also cos I couldn't be caught pregnant under the work permit - if not, can get blacklisted! so I told my management that I had to quit (though all managers knew - not management - and were quietly supporting me) bcos of my dad falling ill - which was true, dad had just fallen ill, his tummy had been growing bigger and body turning yellow (we later found out he had liver tb :'|)

...soon, after everything was settled. off I was. leaving my life behind and everything as I knew was about to change. people who think they know me, do not know what I have been through. and do not know the whole story only until maybe now. they just made their assumptions out of one or two sentences they got from me. go figure.

I know everyone goes through shit, but it only depends on how you face things. I delt with things the best way I can. I may have my down times. but so does everyone else. some recover fast. but others just need a little more time. to digest the bits and pieces.

don't judge first. or you yourself be judge later on.

this ends this chapter. time to sleep. got a big day tomorrow..huhu.
till my next one. coming back to Kch, and off to Sabah :)

Labels:


"Coz you are the Brightest Star and I'm in love with who you are."
1:37 AM

posted by feanorayomi @ 1:37 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At April 7, 2009 at 5:45 PM, Blogger ahlost said…

    Mum is always the greatest. Though they might be mad at us, but they're always there for us no matter what happens ;)

    I'm curious why were you in Sabah that time..

     
  • At April 9, 2009 at 8:13 PM, Blogger feanorayomi said…

    Yeah, she was always there for me..encouraging me at all times to never give up and to always pursue whatever I want. hehe. Sabah is up in the next post babe =)

     
  • At April 9, 2009 at 10:46 PM, Blogger a n n n a said…

    *hugs* I almost cried in this post =X esp. on the part where u called ur mum.

    We should all be thankful for our mums. They brought us to this world, in times when we're in the most difficult time, they are always there for us. They won't ditch us but they are always always care and support no matter what.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 






Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

• Home

Profile

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I'm a child of God, I'm in love with him, I love my baby, I'm a friend, I'm a lover, I'm a daughter, I'm a mother, I'm amazing XD I'm a huge chocolate ice-cream beach fan, I love music, I love art, I love photograpy, I love travelling, I love shopping, I'm crazy, I'm fun-loving, I'm out-going, I'm working to become who I want to be, financially free by 30 XD

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

She's my love, She's my life, She's my everything, She's a gift, She's a blessing from heaven. I love her to bits, every part of me lives and breathes for her. I love you sweet Shiloh Trianna Wong


Twitter!



Plurkland!



Speak Out!


Free chat widget @ ShoutMix

Archive



♥ NYP-ians
♥ Aaron Seah
♥ Daph
♥ Fatin
♥ Hafiz
♥ Hamimah
♥ Jia Yi
♥ Shahida
♥ Sharizan
♥ Sasha Bella
♥ Syafiq
♥ Rasyiqah
♥ Ruzanna


♥ Photoblogs
• Annna • AhLost • Allen Ang • Alvin Jong • CrazyWrazy • Edwin Lay • Fahriee Izzad • Frankie • Johnston Foo • KinkyBlueFairy • Louis Pang • Masan • Munster • Nigel • Safura Razak • Sebastian Tiew • Simon So • SmashpOp • Timothy Voon

♥ Church
• Anders Chong • Ann Nyee • Adeline • Allison • Chara • Cordelia • Daniel Chong • Georgette Tan • Galvin Tan • Grace Lee • Ian Lee • Ian & Sherman • Jasmine Chua • Jason Lau • Letitia Mejin • Melissa Mejin • Pauline Tay • Priscilla Tan • Samuel Kana • Shen Han • Tania Tan • Timothy & Darren • Wilson • Wye Yi • Yew King

♥ Swinburne
• April • Asif • Ayu • Azleen • Azri • Becky • Big Mike • Healsca • Ivanna • Jin Thai • Joachim • Keith Chong • JosephJr. • Julian • Raula • Rez • Saiful • Sara Nadia • Sharon Chong • Steve Tang • Syam • Togap • Woon Yien • Xin Yi • Yola • Zou

♥ Friends!
• AdeleneT • Ah Mike • Alan Lim • Alvin Leong • Alison • Amber • Angiee • Anurad • Artbizness • AwesomenessAaron • Aysha • Ayu Saffee • Bernard • BeautyInTheBreakdown • BongKers • Borneo Falcon • Blackjetta • Bryan Wong • Cibol • ClassTax Xue • Claris • ComputerSaysNo • DanielC • Daphne • Darren • Denise • Dewinta • Dom • DSvT • Embr • Esteelouder • Felicia • FluffyRabbit • Hui Ching • Ilizawani • Jeannie Lee • Jeff • Joni Lynne • Jerubei • Joshua Ong • Joyce-Chan • Eugene Sng • Gary Chan • Ginhooi • GoodBoyGoneBad • IChanOnline • Jacintha & Joyce • Jane Hii • Jawing • JonathanPK • June Yee • Kreatiiv • Kumagcow • Leweena • Lisa • Marc Tan • Michele • Michelle • Michael • Miss Mynx • Ngie Bear • Praveen • Paupawie • PlainJane • PrettyPink • Prietoj • Prisqua • PurpleDino • Rebecca LeAnn • Sammy • Sim Siew Mei • Shawn Loo • Sharon Phang • Sheila • Shelby • StandardDress • StrawberryBaby • Suleen Chong • Stanley Siong • Suhail • Sylvia Sng • Tabby • Zi Sheng

♥ Readables
• Dawn Yang • Deliciously Tacky • Emmanuel Baptist Church • Jon Loh • Karen Cheng • Lei - Baby Bubs • Nicole Kiss • Jezmine Zaidan • Joyce Wong • Kenny Sia • Millie Devotee • Samantha Poh • SuetLi • The Bean Bag • Xia Xue

Clickables!


Bloggers Unite

Bloggers Unite

Blog World Official Sponsor




Peek-A-Boo



Credits
Designer: Fish_fries
Photo: xxx
Font: xxx
Texture: xxx
Brushes: xxx
Hosts: xxx