<body scroll="auto">
Friday, April 10, 2009
+ + Chapter 6 - Labour (wordy post!)
Quote of the day: Love the moment. Flowers grow out of dark moments. Therefore, each moment is vital. It affects the whole. Life is a succession of such moments and to live each, is to succeed. - Corita Kent

Labour.
It's 3:42am and here I am blogging about my labour. some of you may think it's ridiculous but I don't want to loose my pinch on things. I would have to apologise if I do not have pictures to show you how my labour went but I will try to express it the best I can. I will also show to you a few photos I googled to give you an image of what it was like. I hope that will be enough =)

We had already moved out of Bukit Harapan for about 2 weeks back. and things had been going pretty smoothly. It was really hot back home, and me being pregnant and all, did not help one bit. Imagine a really HOTT day, and I'm feeling double your heat wave! so because the aunt whom mum and I were renting with frequented Sutera Harbour, I would also tag along and spend most of my days at the Prayer House @ Sutera Harbour, just spending time with God and resting in His presence.

19.05.08 - Signs that SHE'S COMING!
On this very day, I somehow thought to myself. since the due date for me was on the 21.05.08, I told my mum, "Why not we go out jalan jalan before the baby comes den I'd be stuck at home for good already." so Mum agreed and the aunt whom we rented with dropped us off as she needed to run some errands as well.

We had just been dropped off at Warisan Square, when Mum suddenly asked me. "Why not we have lunch first and then go walking around." I was hesitant as I was quite restless. but then agreed since I was also feeling kinda hungry. We had Dim Sum @ The Royal Palace - if I'm not mistaken (name so glamour! haha) and soon after we paid the bill as we were just resting there. I thought maybe I'd head to the toilet to check my "erhemm" and guess what! there was blood show - sign of the baby coming, something like period stains!

Anyway, we quickly called my aunt whom we were renting with and she came to pick Mum and I up from Warisan Square. and headed to the Women's General Hospital. There I was admited and check "thoroughly" if you know what I mean. and the feeling. NOT NICE AT ALL -_-" very awkward cos it was a guy doctor, and he was not at all good looking so that made things worse. haha. I'm kidding. but yeah the situation was really awkward. I did try my best to not think anything..lol ("_ )

Overcrowding: women in labour are being turned away from maternity units

Well, my whole day there was spent doing nothing much except having constant check ups for blood pressure, baby's heart beat and later on in the evening, going for a tummy scan. They almost allowed me to go home but before that, they sent me for another scan. and soon afterwards, the doctor came to tell me that I couldn't be discharged and that if I were nt to give birth by the next day, I had to be induced.

I WAS FREAKED OUT and FRIGHTENED! -___-"
I did not want to be induced! or have anything like that!

I prayed and prayed and prayed! I didn't want to have any complications!! since the ward was only open to visitors until like 7pm, so I was left there in the ward with 5 other women who would also be going into labour. and Mum had to wait outside the ward. All women there had sever problems;
  1. Her water had already broke but the baby was not able to come yet, and she was checked constantly cos since her water had already broke it was easy for her to get infections -_-" scary!
  2. She was only in her early 7month but she had some medical issues like blood pressure and diabetes so she had to have a caesarean and have the premature baby (she was moved to the ICU afterwards.
  3. She was pregnant with her 7th child, it was her first time giving birth in the hospital. before this all her kids were born with a midwife back in her kampung. she had already been in the hospital for about a week. and she was bored. The reason she was admitted was cos it was something to do with her spine. and it might affect her labour later on. She was discharged the same day I was but still heavily pregnant.
  4. She was overdued by 3 days and was induced for labour after I had given birth. (she lgave birth after I did. and later had a bit of problem breast feeding her baby boy..nipple too hard I think. kesian the baby, crying alot lor.)
  5. She was near her due date but the baby had not turned yet. upside down baby. and if the baby was not to turn within that day or the next, she would have to go for caesarean :(
20.05.08 - SHE'S COMING!
So you guys can feel how nervous I was. I mean hearing of all these problems I myself did not want to go through any of them. I kept pryaing silently in my heart. that night contraction pains came on and off. it got quite bad but I thought it was normal. but at around 4am it came to a point where I couldn't take it (I had actually stopped myself from calling the nurse earlier on - cos shy, and scared they scold. The nurse garang wei -_-") I pressed the button and soon the nurse came in.
Nurse: *walking in* Kenapa?
Me: Erm..dah rase sakit -_-"
Nurse: Hrmm..ok, tunggu.
Me: *nods head - shivering cos aircon damn cold!*
Nurse: Tunggu saya check *puts on latex gloves, and pulls curtains close - she starts checking my vajay-jay*
Me: *feels water breaking*
Nurse: Kamu sudah 5cm buka *cleans up*
Me: Oh sekarang nak masuk ward?
Nurse *nods head and walks away briefly*
Me: *feeling so excited but nervous at the same time*
And with that I was brought to the labour ward which was in another side. around 5am, settled in and all. more private. It was as though I paid first class cos there..each and every woman got her own labour room. Damn nice wei! if got another baby sure must go there again x)

It was damn cold. and I was shivering as I was moved from the bed to the trolley - dunno its proper name - and with me shivering, it put a smile on the nurses face. haha. I felt kinda angry but she was kind enough to get me a blanket. The service in KK is so much better than the ones in Kuching I tell you. Nurses were so kind. though a bit garang ^__^v the whole building air conditioned some more.

When I was in the labour ward, after they had me prep and ready, thatw as around 6++am I was left just waiting. I was seriously so blur about everything. I got bored and it came to a point where I asked the nurse some questions;
Me: Nurse, sekarang kami tunggu siapa? Tunggu doctor?
Nurse: Erm, tak sekarang ni tunngu kamu buka dulu.
Me: Buka? Buke ape?
Nurse: Buka kat bawah tu. Mesti tunggu kamu buka 10cm baru boleh kamu beranak. Kalau tak, nanti koyak lagi susah. sabar kay, tunggu saje.
Me: Oh..berape lama nak tunggu sampai buka 10cm tu?
Nurse: Ini anak pertama?
Me: *nods head*
Nurse: 1 cm 1 jam
Me: Oh okay *looks away in disbelief, wth?! *
The contraction pains soon came. and off I was groaning and moaning - not that kind of moan and groan* okay. Well it did sound like that but in a more painful way - I think. Haha. anyway contraction pains are somewhat similar to period pains but in an exaggerated way. it was yes, PAINFUL. I mean the pain was not during the time I was giving birth. The pain was due to the contractions. Every 5mins, one comes along -_-" somewhere there.

I "patiently" groaned and moaned through the in and out contractions. and when it got too painful, I sorta shouted/screamed into the pillow. I was also given this oxygen mask to breathe, it was sorta to help me breathe with ease and reduce the contraction pains.

...after an hour of pain, I was already 8cm opened in diameter (thank God no need wait 1 hour = 1cm, just for the vajay-jay to open. I was blessed. 1 hour = 2cm) and baby was pushing her way out (tak sabar sabar nak keluar!) -_-" doctor came and check but she said the vagina wasn't opened at its full length to have the baby.

I again waited patiently and THANK GOD. in just 30mins I was opened full length to receive baby bubs who was already so inpatient! haha. I heaved and pushed and you know what. I didn't know that it is only when the contraction comes that you push ??? yeah.

p/s: those of you whoa re afraid of blood..please dont look -_-"
I dont want you fainting in front of your computer/lappy.haha.


Well having her looks something like this.
This is a picture from a caesarean birth but the blood
you guys see..is about the same amount of blood, I saw

...at one point of my delivery, I gave up pushing and I said I couldn't push anymore! but thanks to the nurses, they kept encouraging me to go on. They kept telling me not to give up and after each and every push, they told what a good job I had done.

(I had manage to push until the tip of her head was out)...one of the nurses moved my hand to touch her head and soon after another 15mins, baby bubs was out! touching her head really gave me strength to push! =) and surprisingly I gave birth within half an hour of pushing. I heard that some who have their first born would take from 12hours - 24hours!!! yeah imagine all the pain those women who had labour like that would have to go through!! -____-"

anyway as soon as I delivered her, they did not need to spank her cos she straight away went like,"eh". and the nurse who held her was giggling away. after they had put her on my breast to suckle, the nurse told me that they had never have a baby go "eh" before. haha =)



after being left with me for a while, they made me repeat her gender (I almost mistook her for a boy -_-" cos I was so exhausted!) and took her away to be washed and dressed. I then rested with her for about 6 hours before they wheeled us out to the women's ward.


To summarise my feelings :
Enticipating, Excited, Exhausting, Exhilirating.

I was discharged that evening and soon would spend my days at home feeling HOT and being HOT and doing nothing. but that's in the next post :) haha.

Labels: ,


"Coz you are the Brightest Star and I'm in love with who you are."
11:59 PM

posted by feanorayomi @ 11:59 PM  
6 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 






Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

• Home

Profile

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I'm a child of God, I'm in love with him, I love my baby, I'm a friend, I'm a lover, I'm a daughter, I'm a mother, I'm amazing XD I'm a huge chocolate ice-cream beach fan, I love music, I love art, I love photograpy, I love travelling, I love shopping, I'm crazy, I'm fun-loving, I'm out-going, I'm working to become who I want to be, financially free by 30 XD

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

She's my love, She's my life, She's my everything, She's a gift, She's a blessing from heaven. I love her to bits, every part of me lives and breathes for her. I love you sweet Shiloh Trianna Wong


Twitter!



Plurkland!



Speak Out!


Free chat widget @ ShoutMix

Archive



♥ NYP-ians
♥ Aaron Seah
♥ Daph
♥ Fatin
♥ Hafiz
♥ Hamimah
♥ Jia Yi
♥ Shahida
♥ Sharizan
♥ Sasha Bella
♥ Syafiq
♥ Rasyiqah
♥ Ruzanna


♥ Photoblogs
• Annna • AhLost • Allen Ang • Alvin Jong • CrazyWrazy • Edwin Lay • Fahriee Izzad • Frankie • Johnston Foo • KinkyBlueFairy • Louis Pang • Masan • Munster • Nigel • Safura Razak • Sebastian Tiew • Simon So • SmashpOp • Timothy Voon

♥ Church
• Anders Chong • Ann Nyee • Adeline • Allison • Chara • Cordelia • Daniel Chong • Georgette Tan • Galvin Tan • Grace Lee • Ian Lee • Ian & Sherman • Jasmine Chua • Jason Lau • Letitia Mejin • Melissa Mejin • Pauline Tay • Priscilla Tan • Samuel Kana • Shen Han • Tania Tan • Timothy & Darren • Wilson • Wye Yi • Yew King

♥ Swinburne
• April • Asif • Ayu • Azleen • Azri • Becky • Big Mike • Healsca • Ivanna • Jin Thai • Joachim • Keith Chong • JosephJr. • Julian • Raula • Rez • Saiful • Sara Nadia • Sharon Chong • Steve Tang • Syam • Togap • Woon Yien • Xin Yi • Yola • Zou

♥ Friends!
• AdeleneT • Ah Mike • Alan Lim • Alvin Leong • Alison • Amber • Angiee • Anurad • Artbizness • AwesomenessAaron • Aysha • Ayu Saffee • Bernard • BeautyInTheBreakdown • BongKers • Borneo Falcon • Blackjetta • Bryan Wong • Cibol • ClassTax Xue • Claris • ComputerSaysNo • DanielC • Daphne • Darren • Denise • Dewinta • Dom • DSvT • Embr • Esteelouder • Felicia • FluffyRabbit • Hui Ching • Ilizawani • Jeannie Lee • Jeff • Joni Lynne • Jerubei • Joshua Ong • Joyce-Chan • Eugene Sng • Gary Chan • Ginhooi • GoodBoyGoneBad • IChanOnline • Jacintha & Joyce • Jane Hii • Jawing • JonathanPK • June Yee • Kreatiiv • Kumagcow • Leweena • Lisa • Marc Tan • Michele • Michelle • Michael • Miss Mynx • Ngie Bear • Praveen • Paupawie • PlainJane • PrettyPink • Prietoj • Prisqua • PurpleDino • Rebecca LeAnn • Sammy • Sim Siew Mei • Shawn Loo • Sharon Phang • Sheila • Shelby • StandardDress • StrawberryBaby • Suleen Chong • Stanley Siong • Suhail • Sylvia Sng • Tabby • Zi Sheng

♥ Readables
• Dawn Yang • Deliciously Tacky • Emmanuel Baptist Church • Jon Loh • Karen Cheng • Lei - Baby Bubs • Nicole Kiss • Jezmine Zaidan • Joyce Wong • Kenny Sia • Millie Devotee • Samantha Poh • SuetLi • The Bean Bag • Xia Xue

Clickables!


Bloggers Unite

Bloggers Unite

Blog World Official Sponsor




Peek-A-Boo



Credits
Designer: Fish_fries
Photo: xxx
Font: xxx
Texture: xxx
Brushes: xxx
Hosts: xxx