<body scroll="auto">
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
+ + Maggots, Resuscitation, Pain in the Arse!
I'm home. and I'm bored. and I'm sleepy.
anyways finally got the chance to watch
the wound nurse/sister change the maggot dressing!

Well, as disgusting as it sounds,
it was pretty interesting and fun!
thank God I'm posted in a surgical ward.
all the different cases we see everyday :)
they say GM (general medicine) is boring =.="

I didnt manage to take pictures of course.
due to hospital policy (the doctors were able to though..)
but got these few picture from this site
just to show you what its like, and honestly..
MDT helps alot in healing of a wound.

Nonviable, necrotic (dead) tissue is visible in the wound.
non viable, necrotic (dead) tissue is visible at the wound.
First application of maggots
first application of maggots.
The maggots and the wound are now covered by a hydrocolloid wound dressing.
The maggots and the wound are now
covered by a hydrocolloid wound dressing.
The wound looks much better. The maggots have removed the necrotic tissue.
wound looking much better after removal of maggots,
maggots have removed necrotic tissue.

I was also able to get a chance to participate
in resuscitation of a patient. I observed more of course.
She was diagnosed with Ca Lungs :(
and everyone knows how fast the deterioration is.
but was glad I was able to help in all the small things.
Patient in the end got transfered to the ICU.

************************************************

I'm gonna take a short bit here to say, I met another effed up senior. Okay, now you may be thinking I'm the only one with problems but HELLO apparently everyone has problems with this one year 2 student nurse. Okay, kan everything sorta kecoh when resuscitation is being done, so I was helping lah kann =.= then from out of no where she pulled my sleeve and said - okay here's how the conversation went

Year 2 Student: Eh, Sarah. Can you go take a drip set for Bed 33, can't you see I'm busy?!
ME: *shocked & stunned, mumbles behind my breath - whispers WTF!*

I swear to God,
I was gonna SLAP her HARD and SLAP her GOOD!

I humbly went to get the drip set, only coming to an empty bed at Bed 33 -___-" wtf. and apparently, the one that needed help was Bed 31, and everything was already provided. All that was needed to be done was connect the drip to the IV cannula.

which a YEAR 1 is NOT SUPPOSE TO DO! wtf.

So I went to get another Year 2 to help me (Thanks Barnabas ^_^) and you know what was she doing?! BUSY HOLDING THE CURTAIN -___-"" so WHAT THE F*** okay. After everything was done, another nurse needed my help to put on the Smart Sense tag (which is a tag that helps sense patient's body temperature) then SHE KEPO KEPO COME.

Year 2 Student: What are you doing?
ME: *thinks to myself - WTF you care?!*
ME: I'm just attaching the Smart Sense tag (like duh! blind isit?)
ME: *while attaching the tag* Next time you need my help to do something, don't talk to me as though you're some boss. You can always ask nicely. What you did just now was really rude and wasn't very nice.
Year 2 Student: *just stares at the Smart Sense tag - then walks away*

Cannot tahan okay! WTF. INTO YOUR FACE. at least I'm not the one having so much problems with people. Some more later on when leaving the ward for home, can come and smile say goodbye =.=" I just smiled back. Whatever lah, just thank God its my last week.

***********************************************

Anyways my day was pretty exciting.
Attahments will be ending in two (2) days.
I can't believe how time just flies..sighs.
and results would be out in 5 days (23.09.09)
I hope I pass with flying colours =.=" huhu.

Well, gonna take a nap now..
Kinda tired. Period came today as well.
What a bummer.

p/s: THIS IS MY 300th POST!
hahahahaha...kinda cool.

Labels: , ,


"Coz you are the Brightest Star and I'm in love with who you are."
4:17 PM

posted by feanorayomi @ 4:17 PM  
2 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 






Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

• Home

Profile

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I'm a child of God, I'm in love with him, I love my baby, I'm a friend, I'm a lover, I'm a daughter, I'm a mother, I'm amazing XD I'm a huge chocolate ice-cream beach fan, I love music, I love art, I love photograpy, I love travelling, I love shopping, I'm crazy, I'm fun-loving, I'm out-going, I'm working to become who I want to be, financially free by 30 XD

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

She's my love, She's my life, She's my everything, She's a gift, She's a blessing from heaven. I love her to bits, every part of me lives and breathes for her. I love you sweet Shiloh Trianna Wong


Twitter!



Plurkland!



Speak Out!


Free chat widget @ ShoutMix

Archive



♥ NYP-ians
♥ Aaron Seah
♥ Daph
♥ Fatin
♥ Hafiz
♥ Hamimah
♥ Jia Yi
♥ Shahida
♥ Sharizan
♥ Sasha Bella
♥ Syafiq
♥ Rasyiqah
♥ Ruzanna


♥ Photoblogs
• Annna • AhLost • Allen Ang • Alvin Jong • CrazyWrazy • Edwin Lay • Fahriee Izzad • Frankie • Johnston Foo • KinkyBlueFairy • Louis Pang • Masan • Munster • Nigel • Safura Razak • Sebastian Tiew • Simon So • SmashpOp • Timothy Voon

♥ Church
• Anders Chong • Ann Nyee • Adeline • Allison • Chara • Cordelia • Daniel Chong • Georgette Tan • Galvin Tan • Grace Lee • Ian Lee • Ian & Sherman • Jasmine Chua • Jason Lau • Letitia Mejin • Melissa Mejin • Pauline Tay • Priscilla Tan • Samuel Kana • Shen Han • Tania Tan • Timothy & Darren • Wilson • Wye Yi • Yew King

♥ Swinburne
• April • Asif • Ayu • Azleen • Azri • Becky • Big Mike • Healsca • Ivanna • Jin Thai • Joachim • Keith Chong • JosephJr. • Julian • Raula • Rez • Saiful • Sara Nadia • Sharon Chong • Steve Tang • Syam • Togap • Woon Yien • Xin Yi • Yola • Zou

♥ Friends!
• AdeleneT • Ah Mike • Alan Lim • Alvin Leong • Alison • Amber • Angiee • Anurad • Artbizness • AwesomenessAaron • Aysha • Ayu Saffee • Bernard • BeautyInTheBreakdown • BongKers • Borneo Falcon • Blackjetta • Bryan Wong • Cibol • ClassTax Xue • Claris • ComputerSaysNo • DanielC • Daphne • Darren • Denise • Dewinta • Dom • DSvT • Embr • Esteelouder • Felicia • FluffyRabbit • Hui Ching • Ilizawani • Jeannie Lee • Jeff • Joni Lynne • Jerubei • Joshua Ong • Joyce-Chan • Eugene Sng • Gary Chan • Ginhooi • GoodBoyGoneBad • IChanOnline • Jacintha & Joyce • Jane Hii • Jawing • JonathanPK • June Yee • Kreatiiv • Kumagcow • Leweena • Lisa • Marc Tan • Michele • Michelle • Michael • Miss Mynx • Ngie Bear • Praveen • Paupawie • PlainJane • PrettyPink • Prietoj • Prisqua • PurpleDino • Rebecca LeAnn • Sammy • Sim Siew Mei • Shawn Loo • Sharon Phang • Sheila • Shelby • StandardDress • StrawberryBaby • Suleen Chong • Stanley Siong • Suhail • Sylvia Sng • Tabby • Zi Sheng

♥ Readables
• Dawn Yang • Deliciously Tacky • Emmanuel Baptist Church • Jon Loh • Karen Cheng • Lei - Baby Bubs • Nicole Kiss • Jezmine Zaidan • Joyce Wong • Kenny Sia • Millie Devotee • Samantha Poh • SuetLi • The Bean Bag • Xia Xue

Clickables!


Bloggers Unite

Bloggers Unite

Blog World Official Sponsor




Peek-A-Boo



Credits
Designer: Fish_fries
Photo: xxx
Font: xxx
Texture: xxx
Brushes: xxx
Hosts: xxx